I've had my Nexus 6P and @ProjectFi for a week and here's what I have to say about it...

It's been a week since I set up my new Nexus 6P and activated Project Fi and I could not be happier!!! Here's what I have to share about the device and the service...

Nexus 6P

  • The battery life is AMAZING and the charger supplies such a quick charge! I was worried about not being able to switch out batteries, but I am just realizing that my old Note 3 was the problem. :) No issues AT ALL with staying in business with the 6P!
  • This phone ONLY comes with the basic apps that you NEED! There are no pre-installed navigation apps or storyboard apps or news apps or any other apps that I didn't ask for and don't WANT (and can't UNINSTALL!). All that came pre-installed were the basic Google apps ... the ones I would have gotten anyway!
  • The size is comparable to my Note 3, so there were no surprises there.
  • Sound quality is good - have played to our Fugoo speaker via bluetooth with no problems.
  • Because I was an Android user before, there are no real surprises in terms of software or settings. User friendly. Clean. Awesome.
  • The display ... OMG ... it - is - amazing. I read the reviews and everyone said the display was above average on the 6P, but I didn't really buy into the hype. Well - it's true. It is incredible and you can tell a difference. I look at my screen ... then look at my husband's iPhone ... there's a difference y'all!
  • Picture quality is awesome. Can even snap quick clear pics of my 2 wiggly boys like the one below. I am much happier with this camera than my Note 3 and to be honest - I thought the Note 3 was good!


Project Fi
  • I have yet to experience any loss of service! In fact, I haven't even experienced any sort of lag. I truly can't tell the difference between what I have now and what I had before. 
  • I have placed and received several phone calls at home over my wifi and on the road via LTE (in Brenham and in transit to Galveston through Houston) and have had crystal clear reception in all cases.
  • I love that ALL of my messages ... even my SMS message come through Google Hangouts, so I can respond to texts from my laptop. So much easier to type on a real keyboard!
  • I am making an effort to join public wifi everywhere I go. I didn't do this with my Note 3 with AT&T because I had unlimited data. However, I want to reduce my cellular usage, so I am trying to remember to join wifi in all of my favorite places. So far, so good!
  • I love love love the ease of tapping the Project Fi app on my homepage to check out my data consumption. I am sure I could have recalled this info on my former device, but Google makes it SO EASY! You can see below the days that I was on the road and the days I was in the office or at home. :)

So, overall I am 100% pleased with my decision and don't miss the old device or service one bit. We will be leaving for an overseas trip on Friday, so I will get to test out the international service, as well. I will report on that when I return. :) If you have any specific questions, hit me up in the comments below! I'm happy to answer any questions to help YOU make the decision to move to Fi! :)




Comments