Using "Celebrity Bookprints" from @Scholastic - What's YOUR bookprint? #bmswired


A couple of weeks ago I came across this awesome page from Scholastic with Celebrity "Bookprints."  Scholastic defines a bookprint as the "list of five books that leave an indelible mark on our lives, shaping who we are and who we become."  It really got me thinking about the 5 books that I feel have shaped MY life and then I got to thinking about my staff and even our students!  I decided to pose this task to my teachers at BMS.  It was awesome to see their responses and get a sort of sneak-peak into what makes them tick!  Here's what I did...

First, I created a Google Doc with the instructions and also created a Google Form for my teachers to fill out with the 5 books they would put in their "bookprint."

Then, I created a Google Presentation and added a new slide for each teacher who completed the form. I inserted a footprint image as the background and used the Google Research Tool to locate the book covers for each of their books.

To finish off this little project, I printed all of the "bookprints" and displayed them on a bulletin board outside of the computer labs.  It's funny that a few days after I put them up, there was a second wave of people to complete the form.  Nothing like a little bit of positive peer pressure to get people to participate!!  :)



I am hoping that a few teachers might want to do this with their students!  (Uh hum...hint, hint...if any of my teachers are reading this...I can help, you know!)  It would be very easy for the kids to create their own Google Presentation slide and use the Google Research Tool to drag their top 5 influential book titles onto the "bookprint."  :)  Students could either share their slide with the teacher to be compiled into a whole class presentation or print it out for a display.

So I'm curious...what's YOUR bookprint?!  :)  Leave a me a comment below - I'd love to know!



Comments

  1. What a great idea! Did any teachers list 50 Shades of Grey? HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! I did have one ask if she could. Ummmm...no. :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like fun. We are moving into a new building next year. what a fun first bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giuliana: Easy methods to even any better then i was expecting and simpler. I would definitely leave"Electronic! Information" For a couple of years and we had arrived trying to find the proper time to make it work. I noticed consequently satisfied I achieved it upon 14 a long time.

    Voight, Geraldine {Cheap Jordan Shoes For Men} Cz, Claire's dad(ALS come back to the society), Vanessa proven, Jacob {Coach Outlet Online Store} black Payton, Every Crusader Jeanette Crow(Inadequate trip),Hank(Not Hodgen lymphoma), Naomi watts, Wenceslao Talladen {Coach Outlet Store Online} our personal Flavia's my honestly(Ulcer, Hypertension diabetes)4 mo {Coach Outlet Clearance Sale} unwanted and your househprior baby Therese Regina(Spirit incapacity even out medical procedures), John Jo k. (Earlier vertebrae), Flavia's family member D(Hypertension lightheadedness), Most of usually unquestionably this particular Brady wife and kids, esp. Trisha,Mrs. {Cheap Yeezy Shoes For Sale}

    Emergency deal with caninesThere's also an effective connectivity somewhere {Michael Kors Outlet Sale} around animal exploitation and kinds of physical {MK Outlet} assault, Rrn particular

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insert a large screwdriver or hub cap barand gently pry alternator up and out from bracket. DONE! 8) to replace new alternator. Do all of above in reverse. If we should be hired Jordan Shoe Stores our focus would ONLY be on finding Lucas," the company said in a Facebook post. "Tim Miller and the MK Outlet Online fine team at Equu search have done a great job in this attempt to find the child. We will make an announcement at the time if we are hired.".

    John 19:18 "There they crucified Him , and with Coach Outlet Clearance Sale Him two other men,one on either side, and Jesus in between." At that moment, Jesus took all of the sins that ever was and everwill be. He died as a living sacrifice for us. But three days laterhe rose from the dead to show His believers that nothing could holdHim, Coach Outlet Purses On Clearance even death itself.

    Actually helps me, Browder said in a phone interview. A lot of appetite for this right now. Putin is a global menace. Australian politicians shouldn be afraid of doing the same, he said. If not, far from becoming the future Grand Centrals of the southern hemisphere, Sydney Central and Melbourne Flinders Street may end up as shabby second rate stations. The station is due to see massive changes as part of the multi billion dollar MK Outlet Sale Central to Eveleigh redevelopment..

    "I think Vancouver is a city that's kind of obsessed with prestige," said Fup Nights Vancouver producer/host Kei Baritugo. "But the thing is, we don't really talk about failure and how the road Cheap Air Forces Coach Outlet Online 80 OFF to success is paved with failure. There are a lot of s sandwiches that Cheap Nike Air Force 1 you have to eat first.".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment